April 23, 2021
Washington State Constitution - Article 1 Section 1:
“All political power is inherent in the people, and governments derive their
just powers from the consent of the governed”
WE DO NOT CONSENT!
Stop WA Capital Gains/Income Tax
Despite these facts:
- An income/capital gains/excise tax is unconstitutional in WA State
- WA Citizens have consistently voted ten times to reject income tax proposals and six attempted constitutional amendments
- Previous courts have sided with the citizens of WA
- Record revenue (your tax dollars) already exists for legislators to spend
- Billions of federal stimulus dollars are on their way to WA state
Democrats are STILL in a relentless pursuit to impose a state income tax on WA citizens. They actually HOPE it WILL go to court, and that their “now friendly” State Supreme Court will reverse prior rulings! Unbelievably the House version of the bill added a stealth clause to call this tax an “emergency” which takes away our right to citizen appeal by referendum.
This is NOT “just powers”….and WE DO NOT CONSENT!
WE THE PEOPLE must step up and use the power of our voice AND SAY NO!
- Use this quick link to express your opposition on ESSB 5096
- Use this quick link to contact Governor Inslee
MESSAGE: We the governed DO NOT CONSENT to a state income/capital gains/excise tax!
- THIS IS LITERALLY YOUR LAST CHANCE TO CALL 1.800.562.6000 TO OPPOSE ESSB 5096
WE DON’T ASK OFTEN but would you please consider making a secure on-line donation
to Washington Eagle Forum by using this link:
**Donations to Washington Eagle Forum are NOT tax deductible**
Washington Eagle Forum | P.O. Box 205 Lynden, WA 98264 | firstname.lastname@example.org